This was announced at TechEd 2013 yesterday and they are anticipating a release by the end of the year. This release will be the successor to System Center 2012 SP1.
System Center 2012 R2 Preview: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/system-center/system-center-2012-r2.aspx
System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/server-cloud/system-center/system-center-2012-r2-configuration-manager.aspx
System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Highlights:
- Support for Windows 8.1
- Support for Windows Server 2012 R2
- Maintenance Windows exclusively for Software Updates
- UI Improvements
- Automatic Deployment Rules (ADR) improvements for software updates
- Clearer summary messages
- Enhanced DP data usage reports
- Creation, modification and offline servicing of VHDs and the uploading of VHDs to System Center 2012 R2 Virtual Machine Manager
System Center 2012 R2 Operations Manager Highlights:
- Availability and performance metrics across storage, network, and compute for the datacenter administrator
- New dashboard includes health metrics on a variety of resources, such as load balancers, IIS pools, storage LUNs, hosts, storage pools, file servers, VMs, VMM servers and host clusters.
- System Center Advisor (Best practice workload configuration) accessibility in the Operations Manager console
- Hybrid view of on-premise and cloud hosted components
- Code level issue traceability – for .NET and Java applications
- Java APM (Application Performance Monitoring) including Java Tomcat and other Java web services
- Unified monitoring agent between System Center and Visual Studio to further simplify issue debugging and collaboration.